cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic dropouts with huge packet loss and latency

HarisF1
On our wavelength

Hi

Around a year ago I made moves to leave VM, right before the connection quality was finally improved after a service. Since then, I've seen the pristine broadband quality degenerate into exactly the thing that caused me to look elsewhere.

I've recently come to notice that my broadband has regular dropouts with a very specific timing, and a much higher average latency than I was seeing months ago.

Here's an example.

c927593192d904395aea8fcf790c3e80f34cd3a3-04-08-2023

I'd really like this fixed, as it was last year. This is unacceptable.

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Wired or Wifi connections?

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HarisF1,

Thanks for your post, how strange! I'm sorry for the inconvenience this must be causing. There are no outages in your area from what I can see, however we'll need to get an engineer appointment booked in.

I've popped you over a PM so I can get this arranged

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HarisF1,

Thanks for confirming your details with me via PM.

I've gone ahead and booked an engineer visit for you, to view or change the appointment time, you can manage your booking here.

There are a few things I just need to make you aware of for the visit. There may be a £25 charge if:

No one is present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).
The fault is due to your own equipment.
The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Let us know if you need anything else and how the visit goes.

Thanks!

Beth