Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Packetloss in League

I have been recieiving high ping in league of legends recently. I contact riot support and sent them a ping trace and traceroute to there servers and the network logs for my game.

They replied back with this.

The ping plots can help us because this long queue times might be due to package lose while you are in the queue to find a match. Basically, because not all the packages are being delivered to or from the server you are "stuck" into searching until you get a longer period of time of stable connectivity between our servers and your PC.

Looking at your results, you are having some pretty insane packet loss on some of the nodes. A normal amount is 0-1% and you are hitting from 80-100% depending on the node. You are also having some pretty high ping spikes as well. I have also noticed that you have also a high amount of hops until you connection reaches our servers.

To get a better idea of how the graph looks like, the further away the red line from the margins, the higher the latency (ms). All the data (or packages) of a player travels back and forth to our servers on a specific route. Depending on how efficient that route is, the latency (or ping), which is the time it takes a packet to reach the servers will be higher or lower. In cases where the route is degraded the latency will be huge and some packages will also be lost along the way.

This can only be fixed by a change of route (reroute), which can only be done by an ISP. Sadly, most ISPs have unqualified call center workers and field engineers that have no idea how routing works, especially for games. The person you'll talk to will most likely check to see if you're connected to the internet and that's about it. So if you're planning on reaching out to them, make sure you're getting an advanced technician to help with your request and feel free to share the tests with them

So, how do I get this resolved? I've only had this problem recently. since new year

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packetloss in League

Hi there @popcorn89

Thanks so much for popping along to our Forums over the weekend - sorry that you've been having some issues with a particular online game at the moment. 

I have located your services from your forum information so I can go through some diagnostics and do all we can to help you out. 

At first glance, we can see that you are getting a few timeout errors, but there are no known area issues at the time of writing and your signal and power levels are all within the parameters that we would expect

However, we can also see that it has been over a month since you last rebooted your Hub - before we go any further, please can you try a reboot for us so we can check the refreshed data. 

Once this has been done, please upload your Hub/network connection details so we can check to see if there is a problem there. If you're unsure how:
In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. Click on the “router status” icon at top right (SuperHub2) or the text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 full sets of data onto here – from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages. Please don’t include personal data or MAC addresses -  if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank them out for you.

It may also be helpful to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection. If you need any help with that please let us know.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos