cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss

cdsaZMbEH
Joining in

Hello,

Starting to see evening packet loss from 2nd December. This is really noticeable in games. Don't have the constant high latency issue that had last year but impact is just as much.

2nd Dec

cdsaZMbEH_0-1638646629474.png

3rd Dec

cdsaZMbEH_1-1638646671080.png

4th Dec (up till 19:38)

cdsaZMbEH_2-1638646715123.png

Note this is with hub 4, was rebooted on the 2nd after experiencing packet loss. There has been work done on our and surrounding roads, which I'm unsure if was related to the fibre but the timing seems a bit too coincidental to not be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as some small area faults are not listed on the VM Status pages.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

cdsaZMbEH
Joining in

Including reboot today.

cdsaZMbEH_0-1638659761040.png

Great being able to check service status https://care.virginmedia.com/care/check-services

cdsaZMbEH_1-1638659841382.png

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as some small area faults are not listed on the VM Status pages.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, did call up, they've said it's a local fault, have an estimated fix of 13th. Also the VM status page is apparently still unreliable since the major outage Thursday.

Hi @cdsaZMbEH

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry about the internet issues. I've checked the system and there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue. Fault reference for your records is this F009497968. The estimated fix date is the 13th at 9am. Do monitor the connection after this time and let us know if any further issues.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes thanks, actually was fixed on the 8th and haven't seen anything noteworthy since.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cdsaZMbEH,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you're still having some issues. 

I've taken a look at the account and the outage has been verified as resolved and all your power levels are within the specifications we would expect.

If you feel the issues are more noticeable in games, we'd recommend using a Ethernet cable for a better gaming experience. 

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs