Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss issues

Massive packet loss and lagging.  All games, wired connection, driving the men in my house insane.  Have rebooted and test connection is ok.

What else can be done?  Or is this a wider VM issue.

In B32

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss issues

Some hub stats might be helpful.

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login (unless you have a Hub 3 and this is your first visit to the hub GUI, which does require you to login) but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. If using screenshots be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.  If you copy and paste the log then the forum will automatically censor this sensitive information.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take a few days) and run checks on your line.

You could also setup a BQM to record and highlight packet loss to see if it only happens at certain times of day:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sammi1607,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear that you are getting shouted at by all the gamer's in your house due to packet loss issues, I feel your pain I get teenagers shouting at me from there rooms on a regular basis.

I can see that SCA1972 gave you some advise on how to post further information so we may help further, I can see that you haven't come back since Saturday, how have things been going, is everything back to normal?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sammi1607,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear that you are getting shouted at by all the gamer's in your house due to packet loss issues, I feel your pain I get teenagers shouting at me from there rooms on a regular basis.

I can see that SCA1972 gave you some advise on how to post further information so we may help further, I can see that you haven't come back since Saturday, how have things been going, is everything back to normal?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos