Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss issues playing Call of Duty

I have the M200 package - the speeds and ping are great, but I get constant rubber banding in games due to packet loss - particularly Call of Duty. The game shows a packet loss icon every 5 seconds or so which coincides with the rubber banding. 

I have the Virgin hub in modem mode with a TP-Link AX20 router. My PS4 Pro is connected via Ethernet. I have tested with another router but saw no improvement. 

It's frustrating because I had no issues playing elsewhere on a much slower DSL connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss issues playing Call of Duty

Having similar issues mate, seen on another thread that the most likely issue is over utilisation due to lockdown. Lots of people are experiencing this problem all over the country so it’s unlikely to be a problem with something on your end 

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss issues playing Call of Duty

Bit of advice.

I moved house recently and was with virgin before at my old house. Had no packet loss or latency issues whatsoever. Not many people had virgin in my road.

After moving to a road with almost everyone using virgin, and even after upgrading to 350mbps, my latency and packet loss was insanely high. Unplayable games before midnight due to congestion.

Just had BT installed, 25mbps package. ZERO packet loss, low latency, no jitter.

speaks for itself.....

0 Kudos