Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss apex legends PS4

Hey there, 

I’ve been playing apex legends practically since release and have been playing on 2% packet loss majority of the time and I’ve had enough. I recently upgraded my package to the 300m thinking it might resolve it but to no joy. I’ve been trawling forums this week and can’t seem to find an answer that works. I’ve tried altering my MTU, tried wired and wireless connections (play wired anyway), tried putting the PS4 in a DMZ, tried port forwarding and god knows how many other things. I get 280+ up and 10+ down on the PS4 connection test. 

i tried putting it in modem mode last night and finally got 0% packet loss but due to others using the internet in my house, it’s obviously not feasible. I keep seeing people suggesting buying a router and running it in modem mode through that but don’t see why I should have to for £70 a month. 

anyone got any other suggestions? TIA! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss apex legends PS4

Hi Stansfield,
Unfortunately you've found the solution to your issue, is to put the hub in modem only mode, the numebr of posts I've read on here that say their issues were fixed from just doing that. Unfortunately VM probably have a well worded contract now that means they don't offer any guarentees other than it will work - and technically it does, they will say they don't guarentee latency etc... don't get me wrong I have plenty of posts where I've been very critical of their lack of communication of issues etc.. unfortunately until the government decides to change the law on things like this I fear its something Virgin won't ever fix properly. I use Virgin Media Business which is much better but unfortunately still shares the same infrastructute, I am about to move over to the 1gbit connection tho so we'll see how that pans out...
0 Kudos