Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss and latency issues while gaming (PC)

Hello,

When I play Overwatch (Blizzard) recently I have been having connection issues. When using the game's in built network monitor, it shows packet loss which results in latency spikes making the game unplayable. I tried testing the connection in other games and the same intermittent latency issues happened. To assist with trying to fix the issue I set up the think broadband monitoring with the graph shown below:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9786d985ccde00a048616b832d2fc1a03950fee1-17-11-2020

As can be seen the latency is fairly stable but there is far more packet loss than I would expect.

Recently upgraded to the 1 Gig internet from 100Mb previously. The same issue started happening with the 100Mb broadband but has started happening more frequently since switching to the GIg internet.

Watching streams on twitch or YouTube doesn't result in any significant stuttering but the lag gets really bad when gaming and this never used to be an issue before. Is there anything I can do to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss and latency issues while gaming (PC)

I have the same issue with the Hub 4

0 Kudos