Obviously there were no improvements whatsoever, because the proposed solution was to replace the cable outside the house and, as far as I know, this has not been done.
This has been going for quite a long time, is it possible to speed up the process and do the necessary works? If the hardware has not been replaced, there is no point in waiting or checking if our connection has improved. Instead, we need to know if someone is working on our case.
We were told that engineers were going to work in the area but we received no updates afterwards and no news on March 21st.
Thank you for checking the ticket. As I mentioned before, the engineer told us that we have a smaller cable going to the house and it needs to be replaced with a thicker one. Does the logged ticket imply that the cable will be replaced? Is there a visible history of engineers' visits that defines the problem?
I'm asking because I want to make sure that previous work is taken into account and the the proper solution to our issues will be implemented. We don't want to wait for another month if the measures at 28th are going to be temporarily. We already had the signal boosted, as the first technician reported, and we had the whole set up inspected twice.
The ticket that has been logged is for your local area and doesn't take into account your individual status, I have looked into this and can see that an appointment has been made for your cable to be replaced, you can find this by signing in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.
The estimated fix time is still 17:20 for the SNR issues in your area.
It appears that there were some works done in the area, once after some downtime the graph finally showed 0 packet loss. However, after the router reboot, everything came back to how it was before the works and the constant packet loss is present again (please see the BQM from the first post).
I can’t imagine why this is happening because for a brief moment it finally seemed normal. Now we’re back to the same low power levels on some DS channels.
Service status check advises me to wait and then schedule yet another engineer visit. As I mentioned before, it had been looked into already and the conditions didn’t change after that.
Can we please skip another scheduling and waiting phase and finally have this issue sorted?
I would like to hear a more detailed status update in the situation. We can’t wait for month and be paying for service quality like that.