Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss Gloucestershire - Area 05

Gloucestershire. Area reference: 05

3-10% packet loss meaning online gaming and watching live broadcasts is difficult/impossible. Tested on 2 PC's (Rocket League EU) and on Xbox playing various MMO's/Shooters

My setup: Wired Cat6 / Netgear R7800 / SH3 Modem mode (though tested in hub mode too, on a different PC with a different Cat6 cable and experienced the same issues)

Download/uploads speeds are mostly unaffected. Still regularly get 350/30+ on Ookla speedtests.

All downstream channels are locked, showing 37/38 SNR, Power levels all between -2.9 and +1.5 dBmV, RxMER between 37.3 and 38.9 dB. 0 Post RS errors before or after any restarts. Pre-RS errors are minimal. Upstream displaying 3.725-3.925 dBmV on all channels which is in "normal" range. No T1-T4 Timeouts on any of the channels. All physical cable connections are as tight as can be. Everything looks completely as it should, which hopefully eliminates any chance of the packet loss being the result of an issue local to the wiring/hardware setup in my home.

100% red bars are where I've restarted, changed to hub mode, and/or checked connections to eliminate faults with my hardware.

WINMTR to Rocket League EU servers (where impact of the packet loss is most noticable for me):

Looking at the above, the packet loss is happening between me and the AztecW hop which is still in the Virgin network.

Hope this gets picked up and resolved soon.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss Gloucestershire - Area 05

UPDATE:

As of ~0300 the packet loss issue stopped according to my BQM. Back to "normal" with just the odd brief spike.

Hopefully thats the last of it for a good while.

0 Kudos