Menu
stotty2910
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Packet burst when gaming

Hi I'm constantly getting packet burst when gaming. I've tried different games and it still happened. I've tried ever fix under the sun from reddit, youtube etc. My only other option now is that its virgins issue as I'm getting bufferbloat issues when doing testing. I'm using ethernet aswell. I have a friend who is in my area and with virgin and his internet is completely fine. Any other options? 

0 Kudos
addzy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet burst when gaming

Yeah if you run a Bandwidth Quality Monitor test, you'll see from 8am to 10pm the latency is disgusting.

Virgin are just oversubscribed, and haven't bothered to increase the capacity of their network. It's been like this for over a month for me, they keep promising it will be "fixed soon", but I've yet to see any improvement and am starting to consider new providers.

0 Kudos
stotty2910
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting so frustrated with it. I've had this for over 12months. Thought it was just the games I was playing. I'm defiantly considering other providers. It's a joke. I've just been on my pc for 3 hours while some guy from there tech team messed around. To no avail I have a feeling. 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Setup a BQM as advised, post a link to a shared live chart and we can advise.  Not everybody is affected by over-utilisation problems, and most will clear up when lockdown ends and some semblance of normality returns.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stotty2910
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I setup a live chat? Also any recommendations regarding BQM?

I had the gadget tech team looking through my PC yesterday at settings etc I'm pretty sure the issue isnt resolved. They charge for the privilege aswell 😡

0 Kudos