Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Packet Loss in Northampton

just wondering if anyone in the area has had any updates on a fix or anything, saw a few people on the forums and I'm currently waiting for a roommate to send his key so I can reset the box to login to the hub and port forward R6 to try and help me constantly rubberbanding and spiking up to 500ping every 2 mins as the password was changed by the landlord (I'm a student) any info would be great extremely frustrating being stuck inside not being able to game 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss in Northampton

Hi,

How are you connected to the hub wifi or wired?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm wired through a booster but since it's been so bad I've tried wireless same thing 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Poyzii,

I would personally avoid connecting to boosters as they are a diluted version of the internet, you would be better off connecting to the 2G network for that. 

if you have a hub 3.0 you can log on to the hub and adjust the setting to allow the separation of the 2G N 5G networks giving you control over what devices connect to which one. 

5G Close range but fastest network - would advise to use this as primary as much as possible.

2G long range but slowest network due to the fact this network gives longer range, so only use when you have no range on the 5G. 

You can do this by putting this into your browser address bar - 192.168.0.1 - it will ask for you settings password which is on bottom of hub, bottom right box with numbers. 

go to advanced setting - wifi - then security - it will show both 2G & 5G you need to the change so both are slightly different and change the password to something easier.

Hit apply at bottom and wait, it will kick everyone off and then check the wifi and you will see two networks appear.

Leave a Kudo if this helps.

Kind regards,
Virgin Media Field Technician.
Afshin

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried using WiFi and it is the exact same result this isn't an issue on my end it's virgin having utilisation and I've been running the same setup since July of last year and able to live stream with 6k nitrate and maintain good ping on games,

0 Kudos