Menu
Wint11
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Packet Loss in Evening

Please can someone assist? I am experiencing severe packet loss when gaming in the evening. This has happened for the last two days. I have been gaming in the day without issue on the same game (Call of Duty: Warzone) and device but come 19:30 onwards I am getting severe packet loss. My friends are can't hear what I am saying as the VOIP is dropping in and out and I am getting kicked out of games due to connection issues. I have done a internet quality check and I am experiencing around 20% packet loss on average.

I have tried rebooting my hub but it has not solved the issues. When I checked the network log I am getting lots of "No Ranging Response received" critical error messages.

I am playing on a desktop PC on a wired connection.

TL;DR - 09:00 - 17:00 - Perfect connection. 19:30 onwards - packet loss.

Do I need to get an engineer out?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Wint11
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss in Evening

Bump

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wint11

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed reply and the gaming issues. 

I've checked the system today and can't see any issues. All the levels are in spec.

I hope therefore everything has been resolved. If not, let me know and I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Wint11
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

My connection certainly seems to have stabilised. There were three days of known issues last week, according to your service status checker, where an engineer had to resolve issues, presumably at the exchange. Those three days were a nightmare with the connection dropping out but since then, touch wood, it seems to be running fine.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wint11,

Thanks for coming back to me and I'm glad to hear everything is sorted 🙂

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos