Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Packet Loss Gaming

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/bb3cfe9b23d0e228386bb1b4b10aba871e... 

So i have been gaming a lot more recently and noticed I've had connection issues in game. Specifically in Rocket League which kindly has a number of indicators in game to let you know what the issue is in regards to connection issues. Packet loss seems to be the issue the icon says this far too often and whilst my connection to the server shows a red icon the ping remains below 40.

Outside of gaming I have a BQM set up on the connection and is now visibly showing a lot of packet loss daily.

Any idea for advice as to why its started to drop so many packets?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet Loss Gaming

Issue is still continuing. Xbox Diagnostic shows normal download speed (780-1000mb), a ping of 26ms but an unusual 9mb low upload and 3% packet loss via ethernet.

Other devices via wireless devices (Nintendo Switch) showing obvious signs of slow speed too now.

SH4 Trial 08/02/2020 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Packet Loss Gaming

Hi M4YON,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband service.

I have take a look on our side and it show that an engineer visit is needed. What I will do is private message you to get this arranged. 

^Martin

0 Kudos