Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PSN Error Code NP-40833-8

Hello, i need help with this code and i haven't been able to use my main Internet for 5 days now. I called PlayStation support and they told me to call my Internet provider (At&t), what they said was i have a dynamic ip and that it changes when i reboot the modem. Ive been on the phone back and forth for hours trying to fix this, can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PSN Error Code NP-40833-8

Hello

Too clear up rebooting the hub may not get you another IP address as when the hub sends the request to VM asking for the IP, the system checks if the device has had an IP address and if so it will get the same one as long as it is available. Virginmedia will not help you get another IP address

The error you are getting is that potentially you have been blocked from the PSN network, you can check this yourself at https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I tried the link you gave me and it didn’t get a bad risk score for both results. I contacted PlayStation and they said they don’t have any blocks on my account or anything regarding my ip. I just need to resolve this asap because I can’t last not playing for 5 days and using a hotspot😂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@PSN1255HELP wrote:

Hello, i need help with this code and i haven't been able to use my main Internet for 5 days now. I called PlayStation support and they told me to call my Internet provider (At&t), what they said was i have a dynamic ip and that it changes when i reboot the modem. Ive been on the phone back and forth for hours trying to fix this, can anyone help please?

If your ISP is AT&T, why are you posting on the support forum of Virgin Media UK?  This forum is for a different ISP in a different country. 😕

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, it helped me
0 Kudos