Menu
Lawgitech
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PSA: Getting Gig1 and still lagging / high ping

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/834d86cc43547eae6238f0b537e1aa9753458669

I was previously on a 350MB broadband package with VM and recently upgraded to Gig1 package thinking it would improve my lag / latency issue since lockdown started (around April 2020). 

Sadly there has been no improvement and VM have told me it's due to congestion problems in my area, which is scheduled to be "fixed" on 24/02/2021... As I mentioned, the problem has been occurring since April 2020, so it's taken them around 10 months to even "potentially" resolve. 

Basically I can only play any online games between 11pm - 9am. Guess no sleeping for me. Best of luck to everyone else.

Jresty100
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PSA: Getting Gig1 and still lagging / high ping

Unfortunately nothing you can do, its over utilisation and sold demand in your area.

All VM care about as an ISP is turnover and download speed which generates more customers. 

Your better of trying the second best "speed" ISP, then track the ping on your 30 day free trial to see if it is better.

That is what I will be doing. 

I attach below an example of latency in area reference 03. This will give you an idea of how terrible and over sold the area is with the false advertisement! 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e78c81afeaaa04a20537f035c8f3821f0177e1fe
0 Kudos
complainttime
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

same time frame i've had my issues early April last year and was told 3 different dates to resolve August December and now out to march they have no intention of fixing the issue just trying to keep you as long as possible.. they never admit fault or they've done something wrong shafters...

0 Kudos
Jresty100
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lawgitech

Its simply the business strategy of VM they do not care about existing customers.

All they care about as a business is faster download speed, this generates new customers and more turnover. Why would they upgrade the existing services when they are only having ping issues because a lot people are using the net & sending packets /data at busy times eventually it will quiet down - that is the strategy from what i can see. 

My advice to you would be to keep tracking your BQM data for latency issues, use this as evidence to leave VM, then move to a smaller ISP provider with less popularity download speeds/upload speed - but more steady latency. Again track your latency for 2 weeks this will give you a great idea before your 30 day trial is up to make a decision. Alternatively keep posting and sharing data on social media platforms with these graphs that show the truth at the end of the day. 

0 Kudos