Menu
Shane7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PS5 lagg

connected PS5 with Ethernet cable and my 500mb package is just so inconsistent, it can drop as low as 20mb, and it says I should get 30mb upload and I’ve never seen that yet it just sits between 5-10mb, all this causing me to lagg spike during games, latency goes from 50-60 ms and spike to 200-400ms all time, every time a ring virgin media they say there no problem what so ever,

0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS5 lagg

Gaming consoles are not very reliable for speed tests.

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

1. Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better
  2. Make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card
  3. Disconnect all other Ethernet cables when running the test
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Shane7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All I have is a console at the minute When I try to do speed test on that samknows it says can’t find router, I’ve tryed reconnecting to router and still says can’t find router,  and yeah I’ve got cat 7e cable plugged in, gone for the highest package in my area which is 500mb so still on hub 3, and still lagg 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The SH3 has lag built into it, due to the poor firmware designed by intel. Just do a search on PUMA6 Chipset.

The PSN has been slow for years, but has improved since the PS5 came out.

I have a PS4pro connected via wired, on the VM 1Gig service, and the max my PS4pro say is 400Mbps. But if i do a test from my PC i get 945Mbps.

Go modem mode, and buy you own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@RedGooner wrote:

The SH3 has lag built into it, due to the poor firmware designed by intel. Just do a search on PUMA6 Chipset.

The PSN has been slow for years, but has improved since the PS5 came out.

I have a PS4pro connected via wired, on the VM 1Gig service, and the max my PS4pro say is 400Mbps. But if i do a test from my PC i get 945Mbps.

Go modem mode, and buy you own router.

Just something worth noting, the effects of the Puma 6 defect are still present even in modem mode.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Shane7 wrote:

All I have is a console at the minute When I try to do speed test on that samknows it says can’t find router, I’ve tryed reconnecting to router and still says can’t find router,  and yeah I’ve got cat 7e cable plugged in, gone for the highest package in my area which is 500mb so still on hub 3, and still lagg 

Are you sure your clicking on the link I provided, sounds like your using https://samknows.com/realspeed/ and NOT https://speedtest.samknows.com/

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Shane7
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just clicked the right link now haha, but I’m paying for 500mb still really low and I’m sat half a metre away from the hub, I just don’t get way it’s not constant, I never lagged before I upgraded from 300 too 500mb, all I want to play is war zone but can’t due to lagg spikes, just got engineer finally booked, wonder what kind of tests he will do

75A136C8-D9FF-4021-9784-D5E1AEF1AEC7.png

0 Kudos
Shane7
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if image is gonna come through 

speed test 

Latency 64.9 ms

Jitter 40.9 ms

Download 147mbps

upload 27.7mbps

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

always do a speed test from a PC / MAC on a WIRED Connection for ture Speed / Latency.

If on WIN10, download and install the Speedtest app...

speedtest11042021.JPG

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos