cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 doent connect to wifi without restarts

xTRH
Tuning in

So I used to have M350 and everything was fine, I "upgraded" to Gig1 although I get less download and upload on the ps5 test connection values its considerably better on everything else. 

I've changed to 5Gz and googles dns as auto is crap and doesn't let me even connect to WiFi!??

But even with the change to googles DNS every time I turn on the ps5 it doesn't connect and I have to restart or turn off and on until it does connect, I've restarted hub, removed every connection including fibre optic from the router a couple times but has made no difference.

Don't respond try ethernet cable as I wasn't lan before upgrading. 

Maybe something to do with the WiFi 6 hub? Do settings need to be changed on VM end? Optimised for gaming? I know many other providers can do this.

TIA - Trav.

16 REPLIES 16

Client62
Alessandro Volta

"So I used to have M350 and everything was fine"

Amazing, had good solution and broke it. How many times per week do we read this !

Well since they wanted to charge me almost £70 for M350 and Gig1 I'm paying £32 yeah who wouldn't "UPGRADE" to that, obviously didn't expect the errors.

No need to be a douchebag 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

I am afraid the douchebag in this plot is VM for constantly promoting the Gig 1 service, a connection that is best suited to a decent size of admin office but so often comes with more Latency and high Jitter levels, features not welcomed by console and computer game customers.

Hey xTRH,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment, I have looked into this and you are missing an upstream channel on your connection, we will need to send out a technician to resolve the issues that you're having. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message xTRH. 

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

So the tech guy has been out, and replaced the hub, as signals kept dropping from his tester etc. 

I now have a 1.5-3mb upload speed! Same on both wifi and ethernet cat6

Ethernet has ranged between 525-900mb download but around 2mb upload everytime! 

Wifi download is around 350mb down and again 2ish up.

The engineer tested my line and it had 56/58mb upload at the router. Any idea??

Hub change doesn't seem to have affected the dns problem tho still got manual dns set on ps5

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Samknows Realspeed

First call 0800 561 0061 - use the automated service to see if there is a local service issue.

Use the test below to see if the issue is at the Hub or device.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

Any idea how I can do that on a ps5? If even possible 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

If the PS 5 has a web browser one could enter the Realspeed URL

https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how-to-access-ps5-web-browser