cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 Upload speed is very slow

WayneStorey1984
Joining in

Since getting new Virgin Media internet installed within our home we have been having issues with the upload speeds being very slow and impacting on the Gaming experience creating significant lag.  I have already complained to VM but no responses at all on this matter.

The speeds coming into the HUB3 are showing are great and on other devices the upload speed seems to be fine too and the main issues is with the PS4 and PS5 upload speeds.  They appear to be capped and sticking at around 5mbps.  

Any ideas i can try or a reason this is happening ??

4 REPLIES 4

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi WayneStorey1984

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with the upload speeds.

What upload speeds are you getting on the other devices please?

You can check here to see what we expect for each speed we provide.

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki

I am getting around 4-6Mbps upload speeds on the devices.  Virgin Media have stated they have sent me out 1 WiFi Pod which should improve this across the devices.

I am still having to continually logout and back into devices due to poor connectivity and the upload speeds are still very poor, until the wifi pod arrives whenever that will be any other suggestions as to why the upload speeds appear to be capped or not getting to the expected 21mbps.

kind regards

Hello WayneStorey1984.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have just ran a check on your hub and service. I did notice that the power signal that comes into your hub is out of range.

This will be the reason you are losing connection and getting slow speeds.

It will need an engineer to come out and adjust the power levels.

The pod will also help with extending the WiFi coverage.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Mickymakz1
Joining in

Here are some tips to improve your PS5 upload speed:

• Check your internet connection speed: Use a speed test website to check your internet connection speed. If you have a slow internet connection, you may need to upgrade your plan.
  • Reduce network congestion: If there is a lot of traffic on your network, try reducing the number of devices that are connected to the network. You can also try using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi.
  • Move your router closer to your PS5: If your router is far away from your PS5, try moving it closer. You can also try using a Wi-Fi extender to boost the signal.
  • Pause or limit background downloads/uploads: If other devices on your network are downloading or uploading files, try pausing or limiting these activities.

If you have tried all of the above and your PS5 upload speed is still slow, you may need to contact your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.