cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 IP packet fragmentation

JoshBroxup
Joining in

I recently got the Hub 5 which was entirely freshly installed, and it was great.

However, the past few days I've experienced extreme lag and packet loss when gaming and my upload speed is minimal. I get the 1g package and my download speed is usually 800-950mbps but my upload rarely hits 20mbps and is usually 10-15mbps. 

I've tried adjusting the MTU to no effect 

1000009714.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

Josh10
On our wavelength

I’m having the same issues Please help!

Ubik
Joining in

Same problem here but with a PS4 pro and a PS3. I noticed this about 4 days ago. Upload speeds were less than 1Mbps (down to 400Kbps). I've tried lowering MTU size, wired connection, modem mode, rebooting and factory resetting to no avail. Something must have changed with the network a virgin.

I'm sorry again to hear this @Ubik 

Can I just check, is this happening on any other devices or just the Playstations? 

The ip fragmentation issue only appears to be on the Playstations

Mr-Hare
On our wavelength

18ab3e2fde286-8672A2A41F2B82A4BB5.58C55C96B0C9D6D3_message_433980177960335_1695235070157.jpg

Mine has stopped saying the IP fragmentation warning on the PS5 today 

Just been playing daughters Switch online and kept getting disconnected and packet loss, so it's not just on PlayStation 

Everything OK now, problem gone

Hey Ubik, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

If anything does happen again with them please do reach out and we would be happy to assist you with this. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

JamieB1
Tuning in

Any fix for this yet? I've been having this same thing for months even had an engineer out and the issue is still here 

Hi JamieB1,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 

I have already taken the time to check your services on my side for any issues, however I am not seeing any problems. 

However, it does look like your Hub has not been rebooted in over a month, so this could be a cause for the issues. 

Rebooting your Hub can help poor connections as it resets the data and corrects any issues with the WIFI channels. 

Please give your Hub a reboot today and monitor it for a few hours afterwards, get back to us if you see no improvement and we'll check your services again 😊

Thanks,

Megan_L