cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 Fifa 23 lag

Josh91
Tuning in

Hi,

I am recently a new customer (moved to a new house) also moved from BT which I had no problems while gaming. I have read a lot of reviews from Virgin Media customers with lagging problems while gaming. I was excited to join virgin media as it’s meant to be the best broadband speed in England and you would get the best out of gaming.

I called yesterday and spoke to multiple advisors, which stated waiting for 24 hours to see if the problem would resolve. Advisers stated my broadband was working fine. Any advice please? Playing fifa has been unplayable with lag.

Thank you for your time!

12 REPLIES 12

carl_pearce
Community elder

Speed and latency are two very different things.

Having faster speeds doesn't mean a better gaming experience.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Josh91,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection, I can see that you have spoken to the team and arranged a technician visit to look further into this.

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Can anyone from your team that plays FIFA and has a PS5 contact me to get this fixed please? 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Josh91 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your issue.

Did you notice any difference once the technician visit had taken place? What did the tech advise exactly regarding the issue?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’ve had 3 technician out and they state everything is ok. Speed tests are absolutely fine. I have looked at my EA servers connection and it is good. The problem is when it’s peak time after 17:00 weekdays or anytime weekends, I lag. Please sort this out as I’m paying about £36 a month for 350Mb ( also using wired connection).

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to setup  a BQM to  monitor your circuit.   www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done let it populate for 24 hours  and post a link to the shared graph.

Also post your power levels and network log.  Once done we can comment, thanks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Your BQM looks ok but then this is ICMP.

Test here with UK server https://packetlosstest.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------