Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS4 wireless always losing connection

Whenever I use wireless on the PS4 it always disconnects every 3-5 minutes until I test connection again and it’ll work for another 3 minutes. I’m so close to the internet too it’s one room below me. I’ve also used wired but even that recently has started give really low speeds. I cannot play one game properly without lagging out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 wireless always losing connection

Hi 

If you are also having issues when running a wired connection, worth checking if it is the router that is at fault or the PS4. When you get the issue see if you can test another device hard wired into the router to see if there is a problem with the connection.

I believe you could also call VM support who can check your line to see if there is a problem with the line or the router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is your PS4 connecting via 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wifi range. I find 5GHz to be better.

Any other device dropping off your router ???

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have it on automatic, I’ve checked them both but they still disconnect. 2.4 gives me the 2G and 5GHz gives me 5G but still doesn’t work. My phone sometimes disconnects so it makes me think it’s the WiFi and our hub as it’s old.
But my brother uses Wireless on his PS4 but that doesn’t disconnect when mine does. We’re both the same distance from the WiFi too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Farahnxz,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm really sorry that you've been having trouble using your PS4.

It does sound like the problem could lie with your PS4, as it's the only device having trouble and I've been unable to identify any cause for concern with the services entering your property. However, you do have some of our older equipment, so I'd be more than happy to arrange a free upgrade to the Hub3.0 if you'd like

I'll send you a private message now to clear account security and get this sorted. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos