Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PS4's Stopped Connecting to Wifi

In the last day, both my son's and my own Playstation 4 have stopped working on the wifi.

They fail the connection test every single time. I have tried them both on a mobile hotspot which connects straight away. 

I have tried resetting the router and both PS4's but again it shows "Internet Connection - Failed" each time for both units.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4's Stopped Connecting to Wifi

When you reset the router was that a turn it off and on again reset or a pinhole factory reset?

Have you tried a test with an Ethernet cable to see if it is just a WiFi issue?

Are other wireless devices still able to connect to the Internet?

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott,

All other devices in our home are working perfectly with it. I turned it off and back on again, haven't done a pinhole reset. I haven't tried an ethernet cable but assumed (may be wrong) with two units doing exactly the same that it is a wifi issue.

Would you recommend doing a Pinhole reset?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'd try an Ethernet cable before the pinhole reset as a wireless issue normally impacts most or all wireless devices.  A pinhole reset will reset all wireless settings to the defaults, so if you have made any changes to the wireless settings in the hub they will be lost and you would need to change them again.  If you haven't made any changes then there is nothing to lose with a pinhole reset.

It may be Sony are blocking your VM IP address, so when you go via your mobile it works.  Are there any error codes on the PS4s when you try to connect?  Can you login to the PSN via a web browser on any other device connected via your Hub?

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos