cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 not connecting to WiFi

Kashif124
Settling in

My PS4 can’t connect to my WiFi and it’s laggy I restarted it 2x it still not working

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

PS4s are rubbish over wi-fi, perhaps you should buy some powerlines 

The original PS4 doesn't support 5 GHz Wi-Fi, so if Smart Wi-Fi is enabled on your Super Hub, this is quite likely causing it issues. You need to disable this and run separate 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands and then connect the PS4 to the 2.4 band.

If you have a Slim or Pro, then I believe Sony included a newer wireless adapter in these models that does support 5 GHz.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

Hi @Kashif124 thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your PS4 is not connecting to your WiFi.  Have you followed the advice of mjpartyboy?  Also have you been able to test a wired connection at all?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Jacynthe, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your PS4's WIFI connection looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you to see if it is an issue with your WIFI, of if your PS4's WIFI card might be the culprit 🙂

• First of all, I would like to ask where your PS4 is in the home as well as the Hub? Are they in the same room, next room over or upstairs/quite far away?
  • When you're in the same roof as your PS4, do other devices have quite a slow connection? 
  • Also, can I ask which Hub you have please? Hub 4, 3, 2AC etc.

We'll see where we need to go from here once you've replied 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L