Menu
Deanpizzala
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

PS4 low upload speed

I have the virgin media 100mbps package and get less than 1mbps upload speed on my ps4 both wireless and wired (using a powerline adapter) and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? My brother plays xbox and gets around 6mbps upload speed with a wireless connection. 

0 Kudos
JoelCrouch
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 low upload speed

Hi, I am having this issue since the turn of the year and it's really frustrating.

I came back from xmas holidays and I cannot play online gaming anymore because of slow upload speeds. I cannot complete a game of FIFA19 without disconnecting and it feels like the controller drops in and out. It was absolutely fine before xmas and I have the top tier 200mbs connection. I also tried tethering my connection to my phone 4g network and the issue went away meaning it must be my virgin connection, however this is not a solution.

I have no issue with download speeds, but my upload speed is <2mbs on my Playstation 4 and this looks the potential issue? I have tried a wired connection and it made no difference (actually when I went from wifi to wired LAN connection the PS4 speed test went down for uploads from 2.5 to 1.5ish).

My area reference is 15 (north london)

Help!

0 Kudos
Deanpizzala
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response! I agree it is really frustrating, I can't share play because of it ;( I'm also from north London so I'm wondering could this be an area related issue?? All my other devices are fine it's just the ps4 upload speed!

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

same problem same area, download speed is fine but upload is 480kps... upload is only slow on ps4

0 Kudos
Deanpizzala
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Strange how we are all in the same area and are having the same issues ;( 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

1mbps is more then enough upload for online caming. I know as i get less then 800kbps

0 Kudos
Deanpizzala
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Online gaming is fine that's not my issue. I can't share play because of the speed Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yeah i cant game share or stream 

0 Kudos
Lee2
Dialled in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Since the firmware update , this PS4 upload speed problem is being caused by the MTU setting on the hub 3. Log into router, find MTU and set it 1450(this number fixed the issue for me). Then test your connection on PS4 and see how your upload speed is now. You might want to also disable port scan and ip flood detection on the routers firewall. Doing these things fixed the issue for me.

Deanpizzala
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the response I'll try it out now and will post back to let you know Smiley Happy

0 Kudos