Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

PS4 login issues

Ok a few days ago my internet was going crazy, up down all day long, my modem would flash green for ages, I couldn't sign in for a few seconds and then it would disconnect, then in and then out, then it started to settle, now trying to sign into my play station it constantly reject and gives an error relating to IP address, yes I can use the internet via the play station so I know have a connection its just linked to the PSN network!
Then I tried connecting to my virgin media mobile via hot spot, which allowed me to sign in, back onto the Lan via the router and nothing just keeps coming up failed, so i tried to sign in via a computer and just keeps saying server time out? Also tried via Wi-fi and the same thing?
I tried changing the privacy setting on the PS4 to no one and nothing, rebooted my modem and still nothing, so either Sony or Virgin have a block, tried a site Akamai and it says there is no issue with my IP address, what do I do next?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 login issues

Hi a24udi,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum!

Sorry to read that you've been having issues with your broadband service. Have you managed to get this resolved with our team or is it still on going?

Drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now, it was an attack on my computer which I find strange as I run the software via yourself, the PSN network put a ban on my IP address for 120 hrs, I have also now started running a VPN which should also help!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi a24udi,

Thank you for getting back to us and for the update, really glad to hear this has now been resolved, if you have any further issues please let us know.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media and Play Station, who's at fault???

Ok so here we go again!

Blocked from Playstation network, cain't even sign in via my computer but can sign in via my mobile so has to be my router connection, contacted PlayStation and they say contact your internet service provider as we restrict connection that pose a possible security problem, well having recently contacted Virgin Media, I must say terrible service the lady on the other end told me to contact Playstation and get them to sort it rather rudely, you get no where, and before anyone say I have been a customer for many years, paying £136 a month so contacting them and speaking to someone talking a load of rubbish is not what I want to do!
So what can I do, as I pay for PSN and Virgin but they don't seem to walk to talk to each together so one has to go, or is there anything else I can do, I have done all the port forward stuff and didn't work, oh yes forgot contacted VM and guess what, they wanted £50 more for them to look at it???
So can I request a new IP address as this will be a great help as this would not be registered with Play Station???????
Anyone else had this issue and managed to get it fixed, online I have seen others getting it fixed by changing the IP address, is this my only option??????????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well Paul here we are again same issues, contacted Playstation and they block IP addresses that are possible issues, so where do i go from here, either Playstation or Virgin has to go, unless I can resolve the issue, on other forums a simple IP address change fixed it, but I know what you guys are like, not much help I'm afraid, been with you for many years paying £136 per month and you still wanted £50 more to look at it, told me nothing you can do unless I pay, wow great service that!
So what is your suggestion????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media and Play Station, who's at fault???

Unfortunately I am going to be like the rude lady on the phone.

Problem is Sony's, hassle them.

If you use search on the forum you will see approximately 2.7 shedloads of people having exactly the same issue. PSN sucks, what can you do?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi a24udi, 

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry to hear this is ongoing. We're not able to change IP address sadly. It would be best to speak directly with Sony about the ban periods, you can find further information in this thread here 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS Not sure that link is very helpful as it relates to account suspension rather than IP blocking.

@a24udi You need to find out the reason for the block and only Sony can tell you that.  If it has happened to you more than once then it suggest something on your LAN is triggering it and changing IP is only going to kick the can down the road until your new IP gets blocked.  Finding the thing that is triggering the ban is the only permanent solution.

If Sony can tell you why they are blocking then you take appropriate action.  The most common reason, but NOT the only one, is that Sony's security partner Akamai have detected malware traffic coming from your IP address.  You might want to check all devices on your LAN are malware free.  This includes even smart speakers, CCTV cameras, etc as even these can be infected.

There is a tool from Akamai to check the reputation of your IP here:

https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/

It has proved useful in the past, but recent checks by VM customers with PSN blocks have not shown helpful results.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@a24udi I have merged your new thread with your existing one as it is against the forum rules to have multiple threads for the same issue.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Use Kudos to say thanks