cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 Restricted connection.

Emissary
Tuning in

Hello All, Please help.

I have recently found a problem with my PS4 regarding restricted network issues with my router.

After completing a network test the PS4 tells me that my "router may not support IP packet tracing and that some aspects of the PS4 may be resticted".

To try and get around this I have placed the PS4 into the DMZ, opened ports for the game concerned (GT7), assigned a static IP address, ran it through a DNS server and changed the MTU from 1500 to 1458. This should not have to happen and after speaking to Tech Support, Gadget Support and Broardband Support, no one can actually help me and this is my last chance to try and fix this problem.

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"

Ed

9 REPLIES 9

Emissary
Tuning in

I really hoped that there was someone on here was from VM with the know how to solve this problem.

Guess I'll have to go on with no one in the entire VM infrastructure not knowing how to solve technical issues.

Good Afternoon @Emissary, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and I'm sorry to see that your original post was not seemingly picked up.

Can you please advise me if any aspects of the gaming on the PS4 have indeed been restricted?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

So far I have only found one game thats restricted which is Gran Turismo 7

I go into the online lobby and when I try to connect to someones gameroom it just hangs for about 30 seconds then tells me I cannot connect and comes up with a code which according to Playstation support is a "Network error code"

As described on the OP a network test throws up a ticker across the bottom of the page on the PS4 telling me that the router is restricting certain aspects of the PS4 and to contact the routers manufacturer.

Regards

Ed.

Thank you for that information. As it is only affecting the 1 game we would recommend contacting the company who made the game so they can investigate this. 

^Martin

Hello Martin

I have.

There is nothing wrong with the game, the Playsystion Network or the PS4 itself. I'm the only one in my group using VM and I'm the only one with all these problems. All this is since I had a line pull from the cab and a new router in March. I have had the PS4 for a few years now and only recently have these problems started.

I was supposed to get a call back yesterday from Customer Support.......which ,surprise surprise, did not happen. I spoke to retentions today and they where willing to help me by sending me a new router seeing as this seems to be the problem area with my connections but they could not so put me through to Tech Support but they flatly refused to send me one. Its about time VM took responsibility for their products and sorted this out.

So all I'm left with is legal action against VM for a product that is not fit for purpose.

Hey @Emissary, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the service and the restricted connection.
I will look in to this for you and send you a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

elizab
On our wavelength

@Emissary wrote:

Hello All, Please help.

I have recently found a problem with my PS4 regarding restricted network issues with my router.

After completing a network test the PS4 tells me that my "router may not support IP packet tracing and that some aspects of the PS4 may be resticted".

To try and get around this I have placed the PS4 into the DMZ, opened ports for the game concerned (GT7), assigned a static IP address, ran it through a DNS server and changed the MTU from 1500 to 1458. This should not have to happen and after speaking to Tech Support, Gadget Support and Broardband Support, no one can actually help me and this is my last chance to try and fix this problem.

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"

Ed

elizab_0-1660575941489.png

elizab_1-1660576103474.png

Have you checked the router's firewall configuration to ensure that it isn't blocking fragmented packets?
Also, test with and without the router's firewall turned on.

Hi elizab

I have tries those settings but the problem still remains.

Cheers anyway.

Thanks for coming back to us @Emissary. I can see that my colleague is looking into this via private message, I will ask them to get back in touch with you to carry on investigating. 

Regards

Steven_L