Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Online gaming completely unplayable for 72 hours, ongoing issue

I've already spoke to Virgin many times over the past month, each time they give me a date that it will be fixed, and every time the date gets pushed back. The latest date they've given me is 28th October, I'm due to go in to another 18 month contract 1st November and I'm just at my wits end.

I'm experiencing consistently high latency and constant packet loss

Below is BQM from the past 3 days.

Friday:

My Broadband Ping - 14092020 - virgin media

Saturday:

Sunday:

I work Monday-Friday, and the evenings and weekends are when I unwind and relax, this issue has been present for the past 1-2 months (I started the BQM 14/09), but the past 3 days have just been horrendous.

I also raised a complaint about this nearly two weeks ago and am yet to hear anything back at all from Virgin.

I need confidence that this will be resolved and how Virgin can help me?

*EDIT*  - Just to add, I spent nearly 2 hours on a call with virgin yesterday, spoke to 3 different people - 2 operators simply fobbed me off, the last person I spoke to was really empathetic. It was just unfortunate that he wasn't able to help apart from giving me another date for a fix. I'm just not confident that it will be fixed by the date they've given. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online gaming completely unplayable for 72 hours, ongoing issue

Hi kojak316,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to play any online gaming recently, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any current issues and all your levels are where they should be.

If you are still experiencing the same issue then I advise you to set up another free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this

for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos