Menu
lblanime
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Online Gaming Browser became terrible after upgrading speed

Before my partner upgraded our internet to the 1gb, I was able to play a game on browser with zero issues but since the upgrade, it's been horrible playing this game since the response would take so long, but i'm not tech savvy enough to explain to support which is why i'm here asking for help to see how i can explain to Virgin Support what the issue is cos according to my ping it's fine but when i do a traceroute, you can see some issues

Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 07.30.16.pngScreenshot 2020-09-01 at 07.29.58.png

If anyone could explain to me how i could notify support of this issue cos it's very frustrating since i play this game everyday and I don't know how to remedy it, please don't hesitate to ask me for more information if additional info is needed

Because it would take me over a minute just to get into a raid with friends whereas before it wouldn't even take that long

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online Gaming Browser became terrible after upgrading speed

Hello lblanime

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issue after upgrading 

How are things looking now 

how are you connected to the device?

Look forward to your reply so I can help get this sorted

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
lblanime
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's still terrible, but i have an engineer coming today

But i just hope he will understand what i'm talking about too cos he's coming on a different issue

and I'm on iMac on a ethernet connection

0 Kudos
lblanime
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth

The engineer did fix the wifi problem

But this is the prime example i am facing everyday on a browser game that is currently connected on a ethernet cable between my computer and my superhub 4 and i never experienced this before upgrading at all 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEW1oUeG_3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hE94fFzAWc

Also I checked to see if it was limited to my computer and even playing on my mobile browser has the same issue which is extremely frustrating and it's making me wanna change ISP purely because the issue lies with you according to the traceroute cos the connection fails when it tries to reach the japan server and it's not them but you since the route clearly shows that

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, sorry for the delayed reply.

I've checked the system today and no issues are showing. All the levels look good etc.

I hope everything is therefore resolved. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
lblanime
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

nope, its like talking to a brick wall cos all you do is test the line when i can show you that its not the line itself but the way the route works 

the issue still persist so it kinda time for me to shop around for a new ISP since this issue has been going on for nearly 2 months now

0 Kudos
lblanime
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Yellow Spikes are when i'm playing the game on my browser game and you can see clearly something going on and i have no idea how to fix it cos i have noticed my upload fluctuate often cos my google nest camera showed me that cos i often see it trying to keep up with the real time image so often see the cycling icon

Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 14.23.19.png

0 Kudos