Menu
Grimslade
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Nvidia Geforce Now - Data Usage / Acceptable Use Policy ?

I've been thinking of signing up for Nvidia's Geforce Now gaming streaming service as there are some more demanding newer games that my computer struggles to run properly as it's getting a bit old now.

I have got some concerns about the impact this would have on my monthly data download usage and weather I could trigger VM's acceptable usage policy because I could be having a detrimental impact on other users in my area because of the amount of data I would be downloading.

One hours worth of game play running at 60fps/1080p works out at around 10 GB. I normally spend about 10-15 hours a week gaming so if I started using Geforce Now to stream games this could add an extra 100-150 GB a week to my data usage.

I think this could increase the amount I download every month by 4-5 times the amount I currently download.

Can anyone from VM on here let me know if this sort of data usage is going to be OK if I start using Nvidia's Geforce Now streaming service a lot ? I know data usage is supposed to be unlimited but I am still worried that downloading that amount of data each month will trigger a warning letter.

Has anyone one on here been using Nvdia's Geforce Now ? If you have, how many hours a week have you been using it for and have you had any warning letters from VM about the acceptable use policy ?

I am currently on the M100 Fibre Broadband tier and my average monthly data usage for downloads is around 120 GB.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nvidia Geforce Now - Data Usage / Acceptable Use Policy ?

@Grimslade wrote:

I've been thinking of signing up for Nvidia's Geforce Now gaming streaming service as there are some more demanding newer games that my computer struggles to run properly as it's getting a bit old now.

I have got some concerns about the impact this would have on my monthly data download usage and weather I could trigger VM's acceptable usage policy because I could be having a detrimental impact on other users in my area because of the amount of data I would be downloading.

One hours worth of game play running at 60fps/1080p works out at around 10 GB. I normally spend about 10-15 hours a week gaming so if I started using Geforce Now to stream games this could add an extra 100-150 GB a week to my data usage.

I think this could increase the amount I download every month by 4-5 times the amount I currently download.

Can anyone from VM on here let me know if this sort of data usage is going to be OK if I start using Nvidia's Geforce Now streaming service a lot ? I know data usage is supposed to be unlimited but I am still worried that downloading that amount of data each month will trigger a warning letter.

Has anyone one on here been using Nvdia's Geforce Now ? If you have, how many hours a week have you been using it for and have you had any warning letters from VM about the acceptable use policy ?

I am currently on the M100 Fibre Broadband tier and my average monthly data usage for downloads is around 120 GB.

I don't think you have anything to worry about:

Nearly 3.5TB!

0 Kudos
Grimslade
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nvidia Geforce Now - Data Usage / Acceptable Use Policy ?

Thanks for posting that screenshot. Wow, that is a lot of data downloaded!

I was calculating that I would hit around 700 GB a month if I started using Geforce Now for streaming games which seems a lot for me but is still not that much compared to what you've downloaded there.

Looks like I'm good to go then for Geforce Now 😊

0 Kudos