Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nintendo Switch cannot resolve DNS

When trying to connect my switch to my network it connects to the router but then fails to connect to the internet. “Could not perform DNS name resolutions” error code 2110-3127.

i have deleted the connection and tried to reconnect, rebooted the device and the router. Moved the switch next to the router etc. All

other devices work fine. 
Has anyone else seen this? I can’t tell if it’s virgin or the switch. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Nintendo Switch cannot resolve DNS

You may need to manually change the network settings within the Switch.

Change the DNS server. You could use Google’s free public DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

There seems to be some sort of compatibility issue between the hub and Switch. Whichever is at fault, this would be the quickest workaround. 

The following guide may be of help: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/How-to-Manually-Enter-DNS-Settings-1496747.html 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've done this setup and the DNS change and it didnt work - factory reset my switch too and it didn't help.

It worked back in January and I've moved house there in Feb and finally have time to sit down and play it and now I can't get connected and lost all my game data 😞 any more suggestions? Connected the Switch to my mobile phone fine so it is definitely a Virgin issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I figured it out.

You need to sign into the Hub 3.0 control panel on your browser and go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > MAC Filtering and the MAC address for the switch will likely be listed there. Remove it from the list and reconnect on the switch again. Should be g2g.             

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wow this actually works thank you so much. My son will be happy after about 8 months of trying. Thank you again 

0 Kudos