Menu
Pandaclan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Night time packet loss

This seemed to start about 2 weeks ago. I have perfectly fine internet during the day and every night at 9:15pm, it seems like the "break-me" configuration is loaded onto the VM routers and then turned off at 8am. Check the below example:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/eeee74ba45163a00b926bfe420be32efa7... 

Absolutely no issues until 9:15pm, then it's impossible to play games, or stream. There's no gradual build-up to imply something like an overloaded network?  It happens at the same time every night, it has to be something going on outside my house, but why and for what reasons to do this nightly until morning? I'm literally getting 50% use of the net daily now 😞

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Night time packet loss

Hi Pandaclan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having connection issues in the night from 9:30 pm.

I have had a look at thing our end and can see a couple of you downstream power levels are out and in the red.

Please can you check all your internal and if possible external connections.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Pandaclan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reaching out, I appreciate you trying to help but I am not sure where you're coming from with the advice.

Regardless - The connection/cables were thoroughly checked following the advice (There was nothing wrong with them).

I don't actually understand your advice though. Nothing had been moved this side (To interfere with the connection). There was zero problem previously. There were zero problems from 8:15am through to 9:15PM. Outside of these times, a different software configuration must have been in place your side to cause this.

I can only guess that if there were capacity issues in the area, my traffic was being re-routed during these times or similar. In other words, I don't believe at all there's been any issues in my house with levels or loose wires that would be able to cause the same outage at the same times every night.

I've had no problems the last few nights, so it looks like it's resolved. It's just been a very frustrating 3 weeks with no clear answers as to what's been going on etc. If you're doing work in the area - stick on the service status page please.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay getting back to you @Pandaclan.

Occasionally over time connections to/from your property can become loose, or cables trapped/damaged - often that will be the cause of an issue like this. 

If you've checked the cabling over and everything appears as it should be then we'll probably need to arrange a visit from an engineer - in the interest of getting this resolved asap I have booked you in with an appointment - you will find confirmation of this via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and it can be rescheduled/cancelled from there if unsuitable.

Please keep us posted with the outcome of that, or let u know if we can help with anything else in the meantime.

Tom 

0 Kudos