Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New hub now game connection fails. !!!!

Have upgraded to the latest box and hub. I’m now getting kicked from games on call of duty on Xbox one. I wasn’t getting any of this on my old router. 
virgin please help this is rediculous

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New hub now game connection fails. !!!!

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d455621d1693258e38c63c6ae6540780beb130d8]My Broadband Ping[/url]
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried manually forwarding ports that the game requires?
It’s very simple to do and may fix the disconnections if uPnP is working incorrectly on your new hub.
https://portforward.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No I haven’t. I expect the device to work especially brand new and I’ve not had to do that with my hub2. What happens when I play another game do u keep adding them??

After spending nearly an hour on the phone to support in India tonight (which was shockingly bad - there is no fault and nothing wrong with your hub - monitor it for another 24 hrs (already had for 48!!) - I can’t book a technician) I got them to register my old hub 2 back. Guess what .... no dropouts or getting kicked. 

I remember quite some time ago an engineer said there is a bug with the chipset on the hub 3. I wrongly thought that would have been solved by now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It wopuld be a good idea to test the connection by setting up a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gb capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other items connected.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos