cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre user and can’t access some games

Zcrammond
Joining in

Eve echoes has been installed on my iPad for 2 years, switched to VM fibre last week and suddenly can’t access the game, switch out to my other isp wifi network and it connects perfectly, switch back to VM wifi and nothing.

at first I thought it was a dns issue, can’t change the dns in the hub5 so I changed it on my iPad and still no joy

i have turned off the child friendly things in the app and I’ve got no idea what to do anymore!

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

For a new VM customer the "Child Safe" content filter is often enabled by default, disable this in the Websafe section of the VM online account.

If you are unable to do this, set your device to use a Public DNS such as Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 which restores full internet access by bypassing Child Safe which is implemented as a DNS content filter on the default VM DNS used by the VM Hubs.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Zcrammond 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband.

Have you been able to try the above suggestion in fully disabling WebSafe to see if this enables you to load the game up when connected to the network?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Zcrammond
Joining in

Hi both sorry, I couldn’t find this post again in my account! I have tried the dns changes on the iPad and disabled websafe but still won’t load the game 😞

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

try hub in modem mode might be routing for the IP you have

---------------------------------------------------------------

@legacy1 wrote:

try hub in modem mode might be routing for the IP you have

Modem mode with an iPad?