Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nat Type F Switch Superhub2a

So years ago I had trouble getting my 2 xbox one consoles to to into Open now you can change the ports on the Xbox it has over come this issue.

Now I have a Switch in the mix too. I have tested it yep Type F (Strict).

I have put the Switch in an assigned IP then in DMZ.

Turned off Firewall.

Turned off UPNP (Xboxes didn't like that).

Opened ports as recommended by Nintendo.

Reset router to factory settings.

If I connect the switch to my mobile on a hotspot it works fine so its not that.

I have a Superhub 2A I imagine that some of you may tell me its that??

I know its an age old problem but any suggestions apart form the above would be welcome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nat Type F Switch Superhub2a

Unless you can make sure that each console is using unique ports and can forward those ports to the relevant device then you need a router that does UPNP correctly to ensure that each console gets the right traffic.  The VM hubs are notorious for not being great with UPNP.

I don't own any of the consoles you mention but I do have a PS3 and a couple of PS4s which work just fine without any port forwarding via my Netgear router.  I don't have open NAT but I have Type 2 / Moderate which is adequate to play all the games I have tried so far.

I have seen the Netgear Nighthawk that I use recommended on various Xbox forums as being good for households with multiple consoles as it handles UPNP requests correctly.

So my advice is get a third party router and put the hub into modem mode.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

im currently having the same problem i was wondering if you had found the solution???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@SCA1972 wrote:

Unless you can make sure that each console is using unique ports and can forward those ports to the relevant device then you need a router that does UPNP correctly to ensure that each console gets the right traffic.  The VM hubs are notorious for not being great with UPNP.

I don't own any of the consoles you mention but I do have a PS3 and a couple of PS4s which work just fine without any port forwarding via my Netgear router.  I don't have open NAT but I have Type 2 / Moderate which is adequate to play all the games I have tried so far. <snip>

Now, if only VM did a proper IPv6 network all this would disappear ......    🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Adduxi wrote:

Now, if only VM did a proper IPv6 network all this would disappear ......    

Does the Switch support IPv6? I didn't think it did...

Andy

0 Kudos