Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

My PS4 workaround for Lag / Packet Loss

Hi all,

I recently posted about my unplayable experience with Call of Duty Warzone on Playstation 4 getting packet loss of up to 200%.  After trying everything from formatting my Playstation, factory resetting router, changing to wired connection, changing DNS etc... I finally found the most bizarre solution which has now been working for the last week.

If you experience Lag/Packet Loss on your PS4 (especially with Warzone), try downloading a game from the Playstation store whilst you play!  Honestly, if anything this should make your connection worse but in my experience whenever I have a game downloading in the background, my packet loss is completely eliminated and I'm rubber-band free.  For me, I just delete Rocket League everytime I log on and redownload it whilst I play.

My theory around the issue is that I think Virgin Media needs to address their connectivity between themselves and Playstation servers.  It's almost like I need a download active so that my network is continuously talking/pinging the Playstation servers.

Please, if you try this - share your experience as to whether or not this worked so that VM can fix this once and for all for all affected customers.

Really hope this helps you like it did me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: My PS4 workaround for Lag / Packet Loss

By keeping a download going you keep a connection that the packets hitch a ride with while making te system even more congested equivelant to I'm alright jack, not your fault as long as VM continue to treat its customers like excrement the good news is that AC (after covid) things will improve so many will leave that congestion will no longer your problem but the prices may rise as they still need to service the interest on the monies borrowed to lay cable.

For watching netflix where losing odd frames is almost indistinguishable key frames and a constant stream are more stable than a conversation taking place at 30 iterations per second when its becomes like reading a book where someone has deleted two or three sentences on every page you would have to guess what was there in the same way AI on the server has to guess what you did or kick you off.

Your method will help in your case and others on some consoles but it will make the situation worse for others...

0 Kudos