cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to BT FTTP

darmo
Up to speed

After years of suffering gaming on VM with its inherent latency issues (DOCSIS). The price increase announced today has finally given me a free out, coupled with great offers on BT FTTP 500 right now, I decided to ditch virgin and switch. 3rd April will be when I’m up and running with BT FTTP. I will post my BQM charts here a few days after the switch. I’m looking forward to playing COD how it should be played finally. 

43 REPLIES 43

Hi BGL, 

Thanks for taking the time to reach us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you've decided to leave Virgin Media. There are 3 ways you can cancel the services: 

• 1️⃣ You can speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 and selecting options 1, 4 then 4 again.
  • 2️⃣ You can WhatsApp the team on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply. 
  • 3️⃣ You can write a letter stating that you wish to cancel your services. You will need to include a few details including Your account number, name and full address and contact details for you. Send this to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. 

The team will process your 30 day notice from any of these 3 routes. 

Let us know how you get on and good luck with your new provider.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I too have reached the end of my tether: faltering speeds, long pings, intollerable support from wherever and bad communications that seems to short circuit the good intentions of the folks here try to help.  I have moved over to Youfibre, which is like a breath of fresh air.  Youfibre installation went fine except for a couple of glitches but now very stable - 2G in both directions, a consistent 3mS ping and 2/3 the price of Virgin 1G/100M package.  I'm going to parallel run for a few weeks to let the novelty wear off and then probably cancel my VM contracts - Oh and You will pay the cancellation charge if VM go ahead and try to charge me.

Happy gaming folks

ewhitey
Superfast
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2a230fd1247c319566165b9923ebe80dcbfdc13c-26-10-2023
Can someone advise what  this is...I'm transitioning from VM Volt Gigabit FFTC to Vodafdone FFTP Pro 900 City Fibre (which is to date has been awful and is being addressed by Vodafone) my BQM is like this every night?
This is my VM BQM below and I'm wondering if i am making a mistake!!!   
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5f8f5991f0a5ced487b21968291cd7be74d17013-26-10-2023

Hi @ewhitey 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your services. 

Just to confirm, is it the Virgin Media service you're having issues with as well or just the Vodaphone service? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley