cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house and back to square one.

TikTak
On our wavelength

Hello all.

So some time ago I posted in here with issues for gaming/streaming with the SH3, not knowing if this was the area, the hub etc etc. Link here. 

A good 18 months, 15+ visits, 4 new Superhubs, 2 complaints and £20 off a month it finally settled down to a decent level although I'm still not sure what actually fixed it, it just started working one day.

As great as that was, 6 months later I've moved house, had all new equipment and rather frustratingly, 2 months of issues. General browsing is fine but as we all know, we are working from home and video calls can be all over the place. Gaming, the main use in this house is also up and down.

Having a read around the forum it looks like this was never resolved on a huge scale, people appear to be having issues everywhere.

So here I am to start this again ...

Typical BQM (from Friday)

VMBQM-15012021.png

And because it's not as accurate as our monitoring system at work, a snip from PRTG (the packet loss is a joke).

PRTGPing-17012021.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Have I got to log another complaint and then when that breaches go back through CISAS again? 

Well, if VM are claiming they honoured the CISAS adjudication, then the problem is supposedly fixed, and therefore the problem must be a new one so yes, you should be able to open a new complaint, ask for another deadlock letter, and go round the board again.  Tedious I know, but it costs VM a packet with each complaint that CISAS accept for investigation.

Separately, contact Ofcom, to complain that VM are not respecting adjudication decisions by CISAS.  VM got a formal warning earlier this year about their poor handling of these, so it is remotely possible that Ofcom might revisit this topic and fine VM a few more million quid.

Oh, and make a Subject Data Access Request to VM for all data they have on you.  Won't of itself make much difference other than costing VM money to pick out all relevant data, but you might find some useful data the company hold showing how long this has been going on, what the company have told you and so on.

But when all is said and done, VM are happy to take your money without fixing the problem, that is not going to change so why not just demand an exit without penalty and find a company who may have slower speeds, but actually respect their customers?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TikTak wrote:

Hello all.

So some time ago I posted in here with issues for gaming/streaming with the SH3, not knowing if this was the area, the hub etc etc. Link here. 

A good 18 months, 15+ visits, 4 new Superhubs, 2 complaints and £20 off a month it finally settled down to a decent level although I'm still not sure what actually fixed it, it just started working one day.

As great as that was, 6 months later I've moved house, had all new equipment and rather frustratingly, 2 months of issues. General browsing is fine but as we all know, we are working from home and video calls can be all over the place. Gaming, the main use in this house is also up and down.

Having a read around the forum it looks like this was never resolved on a huge scale, people appear to be having issues everywhere.

So here I am to start this again ...

Typical BQM (from Friday)

VMBQM-15012021.png

And because it's not as accurate as our monitoring system at work, a snip from PRTG (the packet loss is a joke).

PRTGPing-17012021.png

If the BQM is consistent (Settles in the early hours) you have moved into an oversubscribed/utilized area.

@Anonymous If the BQM is consistent (Settles in the early hours) you have moved into an oversubscribed/utilized area.

Usually that's true, but take a look at that BQM, and you'll see that there's several blocks of peak time that may not be great, but aren't THAT bad.  Take 7:30pm to 8:00pm as an example.  Typically over-utilisation doesn't seem to have those respite periods.  Then, shortly after that the latency starts to improve, yet there's minor packet loss at around 8:40pm and 9:00pm that isn't consistent with the prevailing latency.  This still could be an over-utilisation issue, but my suspicion is that it is an equipment fault that's manifesting under high demand.

Having said that, it's still a case of calling it in, seeing what VM have to say, and responding accordingly.

TikTak
On our wavelength

Hello!

Been a while but thought I'd update even though Virgins "smart" crap is sending me apocalyptic with rage because it's impossible to speak to anyone.

Spoken to a few people and been fobbed off with the usual "there's a problem in my area, it'll be fixed next week". Tried calling 4 times today but the automatic phone system never lets me go further than them "running some tests" and "we're sending a signal to reboot".

This is now affecting the missus working from home as shes on video calls all the time and they just cut in and out as the packets are dropped.

Will likely lodge a complaint as this was the only way to get some progress before.

I've noticed that the last week or so all my BQMs look like this too, which is fun.

BQM 17th Feb

TikTak_1-1613681656660.png

Last "normal" one I had was 3rd Feb

TikTak_2-1613682043871.png

PRTG

TikTak_0-1613681453832.png

TikTak
On our wavelength

Finally after 3 more calls today got through to a person at VM. Wish I hadn't.

Long story short the "issue in my area is longstanding and continuing" and basically there is "nothing they can do and no discount can be offered".

Pretty appalling for a service that over the last 3 months has been intermittent at best and the last 2 weeks basically unusable.

For amusement sake, here is my BQM from yesterday

TikTak_0-1613997054361.png

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Tiktak, we can see there is an area fault that may be effecting your services at the moment. I'll include the details on this below.

Reference: F008633757   

Estimated repair time: 05 MAR 2021 10:00

Thanks, Emily.

TikTak
On our wavelength

Thanks Emily. Unfortunately this is now getting worse and we're resorting to running off 3G (yup the mobile signal here is trash too) hotspots because that's actually better.

I assume this is the same work that I originally waited until the New Year to be complete? Then until the 22nd Jan? And then 5th February, and then 19th February, and then 2nd March and then the 19th March and now is due to be "complete" the 2nd April? 

The last engineer on the phone that said the date is "a complete guess" and it is "highly likely to be extended again and again for some time".

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TikTak, 

Thanks for your reply, I have checked and unfortunately, the fix date has been extended to 19 MAR 2021 at 10:00.

I can understand this is frustrating.

Zoie

TikTak
On our wavelength

Shocked. Not. As I said before I assume this is now the 2nd of April? Then it'll be 16th April and so on ... 

Never knew I could predict the future. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TikTak, 

We are very sorry but it does appear the repair date has been changed to the 2nd April.

The details for this are as follows - 

F008633757  

Estimated end date:02 APR 2021 10:00

Nat