cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Ping Spikes and Packet Loss

SioNz0r
Joining in

Hello,

I'm on the 1Gbps package and for about a month have experienced severe packet loss and ping spikes, making gaming unplayable at most times during the day. I am on a wired connection.

An engineer came and tinkered with the brown box outside and said my line in the cabinet was using a splitter and I should have my own line (or something along those lines)

He said this could take up to 2 weeks or more, not sure I can wait that long as I work from home and am being constantly disconnected.

BQM 

Appreciate any help you can give.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your BQM is really bad and if VM have identified a fault then you will just have to wait unfortunately.  Not much else you can do, except phone in and complain.   You might be able to get a 1 month SIM until then for data and tether to a phone or 4G router ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SioNz0r
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to see you're having issues with packet loss and spikes. I was not able to check the system from the information available to me. Please join me on private message so we can look it this further for you. You can see your private messages at the top of your screen in the envelope. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley