Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Low Upload Speed PS4 350 Bundle

I am experiencing low upload and download speeds on my PS4.

I recently upgraded to the 350 package... Got my new equipment today... 

My LAN connection for my PS4 seems to be worse than before the upgrade now testing between 55-250mb UP 1-5mb Down both all over the place and much worse than before my "upgrade"from the 200 package....

PC on network testing at full speed.

Did find another thread where the answer suggests changing MTU settings to 1450 on the the router along with disabling some security settings... None of this has made any difference for myself.

Any help or other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low Upload Speed PS4 350 Bundle

Try visiting fast.com on PS4 to see if it's just the PlayStation network being busy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

First test 92mbs? Seems very low.

Second test 160mbs still quite low... Upload however is apparently 1.2Gbps...

My results seem to be all over the place no matter what I do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Guvnor4 If your get full speed from your PC then VM are delivering the speed to your hub and the issue probably lies with either the PS4 or the Ethernet cable you are using for the PS4.

In my experience of owning a PS3 and a PS4, they always give slower speed readings than my PC.  Some say the Ethernet ports on the consoles are the issue, some say the Sony servers.  Either way you never get an accurate measurement of your line speed when testing on game consoles.

Is the PS4 directly connected to the VM hub?  i.e. no Ethernet switch or powerline adapters in between.

You could try a test with the hub in modem mode and just the PS4 connected to rule out any weird routing issue with the hub that might be slowing it down, but this seems unlikely to me. 

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Scott,

Thank you for the reply 

I have tried different ethernet cables including a fancy Shielded Cat7 with no difference...

Will try modem mode.

Possibly going to order a Netgear Nighthawk or something similar.

The strang thing is when I was using the old hub 2 (really old as well 7+ years) on the 250 package my test on the PS4 were much higher averaging 200mb Down 15-20mb Up.

Cheers

Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you have still not figured out if the ps4 network is slow or your connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PSN has always been slow. Never go by the speedtest on PSN.

I have my PS4 Pro connected to my own Router via a CAT6 Cable, it was un wifi 5GHz before i had a move around. All is fine.
Sometimes i found its quicker to download games when the PS4 is in REST Mode (make sure Stay Connected to internet is ticked).

PS4 Rest Mode 

Hope this helps.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos