Menu
SioNz0r
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Low Ping, Constant Jitters and Packet Loss

Hello,

I've been having issues with my connection since starting my contract in early March 2021. An engineer came over and managed to sort the power levels of my router but the problems in gaming haven't been resolved.

The engineer told me a fault was in the area since January and couldn't give me an ETA when this is due to be resolved but the website says there is no issue, very confusing.

Download speed is fantastic and my ping in games is very good, the packet loss, rubber banding and disconnects have been plaguing me constantly.

Area Code: 03
1Gbps Connection
Wired Connection
Extremely High End System
BQM Live Graph: 
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c0f6fa463d39792a536b6ae611db293f98...

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low Ping, Constant Jitters and Packet Loss

Your BQM looks suspiciously like over-utilisation, which is too many customers using the same local network.  If you're a new customer, then VM shouldn't have been selling new contracts in an area where there were already capacity issues.  You can sit it out and hope they improve things, but be aware the company's track record on such matters is poor, with many instances of repeatedly failed "fix dates" that can go on for many months and in some cases years.

I'll flag for forum staff to comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, SioNz0r,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connections issues with your broadband. I've run some remote diagnostics on your connections, and it does indicate that you are currently being affected by a local area fault for capacity issues ref#F008720791 and we are working to get this sorted as quickly as possible. The current ETA fix time is 30 JUL 2021 18:00 Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
SioNz0r
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Corey_C.

Do you know why was I being sold a package in an area that is having capacity issues in the first place?
Especially with an ETA time of 5 months of inadequate service from my initalial contract start period.

I'm not really sure what to do from here, being told I have to wait a further 3 months before I can enjoy my hobby again...

I would of never of signed on having this prior knowledge. Is there any way to receive compensation, as £62 a month for something I can't use is outragous?!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, SioNz0r,

Unfortunately I cannot advise or answer the actions for other areas or overall business decisions. But if you are dissatisfied with how things have taken place or if you feel that you were mis sold services then I will certainly raise a complaint for you.I will send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos