cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of connection to Xbox and EA servers

Slip17
Joining in

This has been a problem for a few months now. 

Every so often, on an evening, suddenly certain services will stop working. This has mainly been EA servers whilst playing FIFA, as well as occasionally losing connection to Xbox services and discord. 

Whilst these services are not working, the internet still works fine and i can access any other website. 

It's becoming a real issue - we were beating the team ranked 12th on co-op seasons on FIFA last night and suddenly I lost connection to EA servers and couldn't reconnect all evening even though I could use the internet for everything else. 

Virgin's service has really gone downhill lately. 

Has anybody else experienced this or has any advice? 

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there Slip17,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the internet dropouts, may I ask is it only the Xbox that is experiencing such issues?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Kain, 

No and it's not just me. I have friends on virgin in other parts of the country who experience the same issue at the exact same times as I do. 

For some reason it seems that Virgin randomly has a loss of connection to certain severs. It's always EA, discord and occasionally Xbox. 

Like I said, it's not a me issue as it happens to others on virgin at the exact same moments. 

Hey Slip17, thank you letting me know this.

When you are gaming is this on a cable or WIFI connection? 

Also how is the internet in general when you aren't gaming are you getting this issues? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Cable, not WiFi. 

Internet performs absolutely fine, also performs fine whilst there are issues to these particular services. 

Other people on virgin lose connection at the exact same times and cannot connect to them but can use the internet for everything else. 

Hey Slip17, thank you for confirming this.

Okay I would like to run some further tests with you via a PM to get to the bottom of this.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?