Menu
Cadusis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Loosing internet connection on PlayStation.

I've had issues with my playstation in my house. Netflix loading and loosing connection. All online games having terrible connection and crashing out of games. 

My house has a couple PlayStations and both have the same problem. This has been going on for three days. 

I've tied all the recommended fixes for resetting internet and all fixes for speed issues. Nothing has helped. 

0 Kudos
Cadusis
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loosing internet connection on PlayStation.

Additionally looked at testing the PlayStations connection speed 4.5mbps and upload 2.5 mbps. 

0 Kudos
NickWba20
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What speeds are you paying for?

Is the ps4 on WiFi or lan cable?

If it's on WiFi how far is it from your router? 

If it's on lan what cat cable are you using? 

0 Kudos
Cadusis
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm on M100 Fibre 

• PlayStation is in the same room connected though  Wi-Fi about maybe 4/5 metres away fromfrom router.
0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Cadusis What happens if you use an Ethernet cable for the Playstation, is it stable?  Just trying to establish if the issue is just with wireless connections.

Which Playstation are we talking about PS3, Original PS4, PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro?

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cadusis
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I don't have a spare Ethernet cable to test that. It's a PS4 and both my son and I have one in that room and nether have been working the way they usually do. Tbh I think I need a new modem I've had the same on for around 5 years.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Cadusis wrote:

Sadly I don't have a spare Ethernet cable to test that. It's a PS4 and both my son and I have one in that room and nether have been working the way they usually do. Tbh I think I need a new modem I've had the same on for around 5 years.

Without an Ethernet test it is difficult to diagnose where the fault lies.  The original PS4 can only use the 2.4Ghz wireless band which is the most congested band and so prone to interference from cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, a neighbour's wireless router, etc.  The later Slim and Pro models added 5Ghz wireless which is less congested.  Using Ethernet is always best for gaming anyway and my PS3 and PS4 have always used Ethernet.

I'm using a router that is over 6 years old and it is working just fine, granted it isn't a VM hub, but just because it is old doesn't necessarily make it faulty.  If it was faulty I would expect more devices to be having issue than just the PS4s.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos