Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looks like I game between 12am and 8am now!

160ms - 1000ms spikes during the day every other second, as soon as it hits midnight, no problems!!

I've already purchased a new contract with BT to trial their services for two weeks, it's a shame since I'll receive a substantially lower speed with BT than Virgin Media. However, at this point I'm sick and tired of waiting for each new "fix" every other week. The next fix dates being spouted are the 17th / 24th of June etc...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/09656d6fc4ccd9bbcab24d5f1ad5741274...

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Looks like I game between 12am and 8am now!

Looks like yet another case of over-utilisation, to judge by the footprint of the BQM and the mysteriously forward moving "fix date".  In some (few) cases, there's either a traffic routing solution, or there is an economic investment case that justifies the considerable expense of increasing local capacity.  Sadly, in the majority of cases neither of those apply, so VM raise a fault ticket, set an expected resolution date, and as it approaches they review to see if sufficient customers have left to bring traffic back within the available capacity.  If the answer is "yes" the fault ticket is closed.  if the answer is "no", then they move the fix date forward a month or two, and repeat the process.  That can go on for months and in some cases years - and because the over-selling of available capacity appears now to be acceptable practice at VM, there's no guarantee that if the problem does resolve that it won't recur.  A bit of logical thinking about the causes of over-utilisation causes me to conclude that most areas never see it, but those that do are usually at risk of recurrence.

See how you get on with BT - if it's anything like my family member's Openreach connections, your BT BQM will be a work of beauty that VM customers can only wistfully dream about.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What to swap ?

My Broadband Ping - broadndand

* There's a reason why they put the Reset button on the front of the V+ box!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI CleverTortoise, thanks for messaging us regarding the service, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connection, We do not like faults and do aim to get them resolved as soon as we can. Have you been provided with the fix date. How does the service look at the moment? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still, the same as it's been since lockdown.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fe49ae0a46335e83349f04a598a639ff86...

I've recently purchased BT broadband alongside my current virgin media subscription. I'm currently getting 15Mbps, 30ms latency with BT, whilst getting what you see in the link with VM. I would much prefer to stay with VM since their download speeds are significantly faster but I simply can't justify staying with vm when I'm paying £65+ for an unusable service 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You must be far away from the BT cab to get 15Mbps on VDSL. Have you considered a 4G Router, might be worth checking out 🙂
0 Kudos