Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Looking for solutions for absurdly high ping variance

Hello everyone,

For the past few days I have encountered awfully high jitter and it makes games like CSGO, Overwatch, Rocket League etc, completely unplayable. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

2.png3.png4.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Looking for solutions for absurdly high ping variance

Hello

Your downstream power levels are way too high they need to be within -6 to +10, you are going to need an engineer to resolve that.

While wait for a forum member to pick up this post can you power off the hub for 30secs and then back on, and recheck your power levels.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Looking for solutions for absurdly high ping variance

Hi jziel1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry you're experiencing high jitter and it's affecting your gaming. 

As DJ_Shadow1966 has said, your downstream power levels are too high, so you'll need a technician to fix this and then you should see an improvement. 

I've booked you in for our next available appointment, and you can find the details of this on your online account here. You can also rearrange the visit if you need to.

Thanks

Melissa