Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency...

So the 2 weeks have passed that I was told by a member of second line support over the phone to apparently monitor my connection which I have already been doing for months. As you can see below no improvement. 

15.06.20.png 

Its 2020, I had a better connection 15 years ago, this is pitiful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 42 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate, I have had virgin less than a week. Im playing warzone. it just freezes, I'm still in the game, but obviously that is bad lag or latency. I phoned virgin for the first time last night. they say oh its because of too many people using it.  So I still have sky router for another week. swapped back to sky router, I still get 56 meg speed....errr no issue. an engineer comes tomorrow but I'm out, luckily I can cancel by the 25th, which I will, I got it to game, its awful!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 43 of 58
Flag for a moderator

So where do i go from here @VirginMedia?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 58
Flag for a moderator

So where do I go from here @VirginMedia?

18.06.20.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 58
Flag for a moderator

So where do I go from here @VirginMedia?

19.06.20.png

20.06.20.png

21.06.20.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 58
Flag for a moderator

22.06.20.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 58
Flag for a moderator

hi,

ive been following your post since the beginning as I had the same problem. but looking at them BQMs I actually wish my virgin connection was as good as that I might have stayed with them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I get what you're saying but those peak periods are pretty much the only time I can game due to family life and working nights. Maybe those spikes are not as bad as others but when those spikes hit while I'm in the middle of a game on Rocket League they completely ruin the gaming experience and cost rankings within the game that I've put so much time into over the years, its extremely frustrating. This is the only downtime I get whilst gaming and I can't even do that. If I had the time to game at whatever time I probably wouldn't mind as much but unfortunately I don't. I see no end in sight and think you did the right thing leaving as I guess you now of no issues with latency at all? Leaving may be my only option as probably was with you but when for me I don't know when with my contract running to 2021.

Also I have just literally turned off my game now as it was unplayable now I have to go to work, wonderful.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone from Virgin going to assist me any further on this or am I just now being ignored???

04.07.20.png

05.07.20.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 50 of 58
Flag for a moderator

OneEyePhilly - they can't fix it. They'll just provide a fix date that'll get delayed. There's too many people in the area using the service, that's about it. You can stay with VM and just wait it out, although all the evidence points to another delay in the fix date. Or you can find another ISP and switch over. Unfortunately, not much the forum team or Customer Service team can do to fix your issue.

0 Kudos