Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Latency spikes making streaming impossible

Hi, I use GeForce Now to play games on pc, been having it recently that I’ll get a spotty or poor connection warning and at the same time my WiFi will struggle and YouTube will even buffer! Turning the hub off and leaving it for 5 minutes does nothing, neither does resetting it.! I’m on the 350 package, no vpn

Does it on both wired and wireless, tried multiple Ethernet cables too. Speed test at the drops will also show speed drops. 

here’s a graph from yesterday. Guess when I had problems. The red line was a restart to attempt to solve it. It’s so inconsistent. Half the time there’s not even latency spikes so not sure what to do! Can’t phone up as your techs hold the phone miles away and with hearing problems, it makes it difficult. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/6e3de4ab362945ca69cd0e8b56b5734766...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency spikes making streaming impossible

Want to add it’s not just GeForce, xbox gets it too with spotty connection, on both wireless and wired.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I know there’s a pandemic going on but it’s rather criminal charging me full price when it’s getting worse as the days go on... so much packet loss right now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem. I'm on 200mb plan. Speed is fine, the connection stability is so poor. Basically I feel like the best broadband in UK is the worst one in my country, like literally the worst, and I had the same problems with connection with other supplier named "orange" in my country, it is the worst one. Speed was fine but stability wasn't existed at all. Same like with virgin media. I wish my previous supplier "Toya" was in UK, no problems at all. Virgin is based on so old infrastructure that remember word War. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same for me.

Connection speed on download and upload is fine. Getting 211 down 19.7 up.

Connection stability is horrendous, packet loss is insane.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

5b79cbf9f142a33d88dc69a3ba785108.png

this is mine id prefer to have yours xD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8