Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Latency spikes and consistent packet loss in Modern Warfare

I've played Modern Warfare fairly regularly since it released and have not had any recurring or persistent connection issues on my end until 3 days ago when I started to get very regular minor packet loss. At first it wasn't affecting gameplay but has since worsened into also sometimes having extremely high latency of 300-400 for about a minute each time this happens. The packet loss is also happening more frequently and is causing teleportation instead of occasional stuttering. This is making the game unplayable when this happens and it can be multiple times per match. This issue is not affecting other people on the server when it happens. I have also played some Valorant recently and that does not seem to be affected, though I cannot what that is due to. Interestingly, my download speed seems to be as normal, around 390mbps, however my upload speed which is usually 36mbps has been more volatile, and is ranging from 10mbps to 30. Not sure if that is related or not. I started running a BQM yesterday though from some reason after a certain time it was reporting 100% packet loss where it was working perfectly before. Not aware of any change that could have caused this. Live BQM link:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/efa5405ac3592deac514317b47ca75b800...

Any help much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency spikes and consistent packet loss in Modern Warfare

Hi.
Send me a pm with postcode, account number and area code if you know this and I will look into it for you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Thanks Scott

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 92082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bumping with an update on the situation: A new hub arrived Friday and has sadly made no difference, it seems really to be a traffic issue at heart. I have perfect speeds and latency at night, but during the day the upload speed goes from 37 to 3-6mbps and it seems that due to all the traffic, some of my uploaded packets are being delayed in reaching the server they're sent to. This is what's causing the latency spikes. I will note my download speeds remain steady even during the day at peak times. I am always getting 370-386mbps. This is purely speculation as I don't understand how area capacity works, but is it possible to change some of the downstream channels in the area to upstream channels as there seems to be sufficient bandwidth for downloads in the area.

New BQM:  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/eca123b24f96c74b91b9573cb722008666...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ethan_Lister,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you are still having issues, unfortunately the image on the link provided would not load. However is this only occurring within the game or with other connections? Is the console using a wired connection? 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos