Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency,lag , gaming hell

Just tried out another router and put the SH3 in modem mode 

Omg what a mess 

given up now . 

Also does anyone have issues with Amazon fire tv been getting a lot of buffer issues the last couple days as well 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 46
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 13 of 46
Flag for a moderator

To get the best performance out of the hub3 you'll need to put it in modem mode, it can be demonstrated via bqm's this results in a more stable connection, why we as customers should have to have so much discussion and come up with solutions that Virgin should be able to resolve, OR provide an alternative option to those that notice and complain rather than a full scale roll out.... but no they won't they'll harp on in any ISP news about how great they are because they offer this speed (although you're unlikely to really see it)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Actually tried a router and it was basically the same not as bad but still not acceptable 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, not admitting that there is a problem seems to be their modus operandi where they flat refuse to inform you in case you then complain.

I've had problems, contention as it turns out, I made various calls to their CS back in November and December last year, I did loads of fault finding over the Christmas period as I kept on getting told that there is nothing wrong and that they'll be sending some magic down the line and to check again in 2 hours. It wasn't until February that somebody told me that actually there is a contention issue recorded in your area which was recorded back in August.

So it's a case of not admitting anything until they have to.

I've also been getting buffering issues on Netflix etc... started a BQM monitor a week ago, saw the daily graphs and eventually found my way here. I might see if I can try and get them to send me a 2ac instead of the SH3.

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F005506920: Review Dates -> 09/08/2017 -> 08/06/2018 -> 13/06/2018 -> 11/07/2018 -> 12/09/2018 -> 29/05/2019 😞 -> Open 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Apparently according to a VM store there is a new batch of SH3 that don’t have this issue 

is this true or is this just another lie 

I’m surprised that no one from VM has phoned me back and no one on Twitter or Facebook VM has given me answers. 

Is there really a fix or is this just VM wasting my time ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 17 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@Bazza1975

I think it all depends on who told you this, if from their normal off shore CS then I'm still waiting for my "magic" update that will fix the problems in the next 2 hours from them 🙂

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F005506920: Review Dates -> 09/08/2017 -> 08/06/2018 -> 13/06/2018 -> 11/07/2018 -> 12/09/2018 -> 29/05/2019 😞 -> Open 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@iluvnips 

so they have the magic update then and they can send it to who ever phoned up then 

hhhhmmmm the last guy I spoke to said I’ll have to wait 2 months till I’ll get the “magic” update . 

So I asked does that mean you admit there’s a problem and I’ve had it for 18 months so I think I’m due some refunds back then 🤔🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 46
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Bazza1975 wrote:

@ILuvNips 

so they have the magic update then and they can send it to who ever phoned up then 

hhhhmmmm the last guy I spoke to said I’ll have to wait 2 months till I’ll get the “magic” update . 

So I asked does that mean you admit there’s a problem and I’ve had it for 18 months so I think I’m due some refunds back then 🤔🤔

The offshore call centre should just be done with in all honesty. They have customers perform monkey tricks like "restart router" "wait 48 hours" "scale mount Everest while holding the superhub in the direction of the sun" etc., as if we're 80 year old dumbas*es. The money they save by offshoring the call centre is offset by the customers leaving out of anger. 

I was active months ago as I was trying to diagnose the high latency issue only to realise VM has been aware of it from the get go. Long story, moved back to Sky, and gaming is now stable again. Here's a screen of my monitor:

my_sky_connection.png

Note the relative absence of the sea of yellow characteristic of VM connections 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 46
Flag for a moderator

"Apparently according to a VM store there is a new batch of SH3 that don’t have this issue

is this true or is this just another lie

I’m surprised that no one from VM has phoned me back and no one on Twitter or Facebook VM has given me answers.

Is there really a fix or is this just VM wasting my time ? "

Time wasting, as its likely they're referring to a new firmware, VM are highly unlikely to go out of their way and replace the hub3's that would cost a fortune, unless Ofcom (which they won't) force them to swap it out or implement the EU directive on allowing end users their own modem, as per the current discussion in the mega puma 6 thread.
0 Kudos