Menu
Bazza1975
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Latency,lag , gaming hell

7AB15F47-7D6A-4DBE-87BD-07DF3222E18F.png

What the hell VM had this SH3 for 18months after my SH2ac died and. Since that day my gaming experience has died 

in the last 18months I have bought 2 new routers and a new gaming set up costing me nearly £2500 . Only to still have a bag of poo gaming . 

Only find out about this Puma6 issue when talking to some guy on line when playing PUBG that this is the issue and it’s nothing to do with my equipment 

What the hell VM nearly 20 years as a loyal customer and you don’t think it is an important issue to tell your customers that the equipment you supply is pony 

god knows how many engineers you have sent out to my address when all along in it is this Super dupper hub 3 which can’t perform under gaming conditions 

so what the hell are VM doing about it . Is

this terms for contract termination 

i cant believe how much money I have wasted in 18 months unbelievably 

0 Kudos
mbulliva
Dialled in
Message 2 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency,lag , gaming hell

@Bazza1975 wrote:

7AB15F47-7D6A-4DBE-87BD-07DF3222E18F.png

What the hell VM had this SH3 for 18months after my SH2ac died and. Since that day my gaming experience has died 

in the last 18months I have bought 2 new routers and a new gaming set up costing me nearly £2500 . Only to still have a bag of poo gaming . 

Only find out about this Puma6 issue when talking to some guy on line when playing PUBG that this is the issue and it’s nothing to do with my equipment 

What the hell VM nearly 20 years as a loyal customer and you don’t think it is an important issue to tell your customers that the equipment you supply is pony 

god knows how many engineers you have sent out to my address when all along in it is this Super dupper hub 3 which can’t perform under gaming conditions 

so what the hell are VM doing about it . Is

this terms for contract termination 

i cant believe how much money I have wasted in 18 months unbelievably 

If you upgrade to the 350mbps service you will get a firmware update that does help the latency issue.  You can also ring up Virgin and ask for it but they are likely not to know anything about it.

0 Kudos
Bazza1975
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I will give tech a buzz tomorrow but there’s no way im upgrading anything and paying more money just for a firmware update and a possible fix .

could I get a secondhand SH2ac and use that as I had no issues with one of those ??

0 Kudos
SonarUK
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator

VM will not activate any Modem that doesn't come directly from them.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Vivid 350 | Hub 3 modem mode | Asus RT-AC86U (Stock-Firmware)
0 Kudos
Bazza1975
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 45
Flag for a moderator

So basically if your a gamer with a SH3 your screwed until 

1. Contract ends and go to another ISP

2.or SH4 turns up 

so it looks like number 1 basically 

0 Kudos
GamingPablo
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Virgin can and will activate a SH2AC on your account, Just phone them up and hound them. Explain your connection isn't suitable for purpose and that they have supplied you with faulty equipment (the SH3). Thereby failing in the contract to supply the service they are selling you.
0 Kudos
Bazza1975
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Just spoke to tech and they say that the issue is fixed LOL 😂 

but I must put the SH3 into modem mode and use a router . 

I also asked if I could buy SH2ac and will they activate it the answer was NO! As VM have stopped the use and roll out of SH2ac 

But in the same conversation the tech help mentioned that a firmware update is being sent out in the next 2 months . 

Bit one good thing he admitted that VM have known about theses issues for a long time . 

Seriously can I get out of my contract with VM with this issue as I can’t use the service even my fire tv doesn’t want to stream now 

thanks 

0 Kudos
GamingPablo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Personally i found the sh3 just as bad in modem mode hence my constant hounding of VM. if it works for you then happy days but it made mine worse.
0 Kudos
Luke_113
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 45
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, I must limit what I say as I get 'warned' regularly.

Go and open a case with Cisas, explain that the Intel Puma 6 chipset is causing unacceptable lag and in the 2 years that Virgin have been using the Hub3 (note testing before public roll out) - in the customer testing it was identified as an issue to them and they've chosen to do nothing until now, and I feel the ONLY reason they're doing soemthing now is because customer numbers are dropping and obviously somewhat rapidly for them to be actually rolling it out, or rather 'testing' it with 350mb customers.

anyway Cisas have to my knowledge sided with the customer when its involved the hub3, you will be required to give virgin media 8 weeks to 'fix' this which its unlikely that they can or they'd have made some public statement about it, either way, it won't cost you a penny, and as long as the outcome is favourable to you which they more often than not in these situations Virgin agree to be bound by their ruling which is either, 1. Termination of contract with no penalties, 2. Recoup some cost to you as they're not providing the service they've sold, and a last option which I think we will see more of until its widely spread, 3. That they will force the firmware update to you to try and make it looked fixed, which until I've seen someone I believe as an authority on the forums confirm that its not just moving ICMP ping to another chip thereby hiding the problem, I'll believe that thats what they're doing to act as a placebo and then they can say WHAT latency and packet loss....
Bazza1975
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 45
Flag for a moderator

It doesn’t look good tbh why the hell cant they just admit that they have the problem instead of blagging it I’ve pulled my hair out over this for the last 18 months in away I kind of feel relieved it wasn’t just me going mad . it has cost me a fortune in new equipment and endless hours of fault finding just wish I suspected the super hub 3 from the start 

0 Kudos