cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency issues whilst FPS gaming

stuartross3
On our wavelength

Hello,

I have been having latency issues the past week since Saturday 12th Febuary, only on FPS games (Valorant / CSGO) . I did tests on saturday night when it first started happening and it came back as there was bad ping in my area and they would fix the issue is 24 hours. Now when i do tests it doesnt show any issue on Virgins side but it made no difference to my latency.

stuartross3_0-1645175598193.png

Recently i updated to the new Volt 1GB package about 3 weeks ago now, have never had any issues with the 500GB speed and the Virgin hub 3. I have had an engineer round to replace the Hub 4 to see if that would fix it but had no luck.

Its impossible to play FPS games with this issue. Any ideas what i can do or virgin can do ?

20 REPLIES 20

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stuartross3, thanks a lot for your patience.

Apologies for the delay, but we've spent some time trying to investigate what's causing the issues for you and unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing from our side that is causing these spikes.

I'd recommend running a Traceroute a see where the latency is coming from, whether or not it is definitely us or your home.Restrict all background applications that can take up bandwidth - iCloud, Google Drive, Windows updates etc.

Other than this I'd recommend ensuring all of your drivers are definitely up to date.

Finally, if you do have a third party router (you may wish to consider getting one if not), please ensure your DNS is set to 8888/8844.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W